Saturday, February 18, 2012

Singapore - Maxwell Food Court

MAXWELL FOOD COURT
address: kadayanallur Street, Singapore




It's a famous food court located somewhere near ClubStreet that you have to go try the chicken rice and tofu pudding (my personal recommendation, not on guidebook).

2 STALLS YOU CAN'T MISS

1/ Chicken Rice - Hainanese chicken rice


You can find Tian Tian inside the food court, this shop provides the best chicken rice in Singapore.  There is a queue all the time, no matter during lunch or dinner.  It takes me 10-15 mins to get mine. 






Delicious chicken rice, SGD 3 (HK$19) for a regular size; SGD 3.5 (HK$ 22) for a larger one.  I brought 2 boxes back to Hong Kong .... now you have an idea how tasty it is.  

2/ Tofu Pudding


At Maxwell, you can also find Lao Ban Soya Restaurant which is my personal recommendation, not on guidebook ;)

It's totally different from what I usually have. The soya flavor is very strong and the pudding is so soft!!  If I didn't eat the chicken rice, I can finish 2 bowls myself !!!!
Tofu Pudding



It's only SGD1 each, don't miss it !!!!!!!


WHAT ELSE TO EAT IN MAXWELL?

Shaved ice is also very popular in Singapore, the hot weather kills me, thanks God that I can eat this every where.



It's only SGD 2 (HK$13), good to eat during the day to cool yourself down ;)


LEAVE YOUR TUMMY FOR SOMETHING ELSE
I have been to Maxwell once everyday during my visit in Singapore and I see a long queue at this noodles stall every time. ummm..... Probably I should give it a try.


So I line up for 15 mins which my friend has already finished what she orders.  While I am queuing, I discover that the fish soup is the famous item here.

There are 6 dishes you can order and I pick this fried fish noodles in soup. First, the fish soup isn't as great as I expect but the fried fish is fresh though.  Second, it is tooooooo hot to eat this in the food court !! Third, it is not worth to line up soooo long for this.

btw, this costs me $4.5, I would rather go for the chicken rice!!!!


You won't regret if you miss it !!! Save your stomach for satay sticks and ice-cream wafer.  


No comments: