Sunday, July 27, 2008

壽司處今村Sushi Imamura

Hi guys, long time no see!! I gotta say sorry because I didn't have time to try the Brunch Club. I will post the review right after I have tried it.



Address: 銅鑼灣,軒尼詩道523-527號恆和鑽石大廈16樓
16/F, Contential Diamond Plaza, 523-527 Hennessy Road,
Causeway Bay,HK Tel : 28360056 http://www.sushiima.com/



About Imamura

This is a small Japanese restaurant owed by a Japanese Sushi Chief, Imamura-san. He migrated to HK 20 years ago. I have been to this restaurant more than 20 times. Actually, I should say I go there at least once a month. It doesn't have any fancy decorations, however, the space between tables are more than enough. You don't have to worry about eavesdropping!! *You have to book in advance, if not, you may not get your seats (especially weekends)*

Food
There are about 9 lunch sets you can choose which are Tempura, Udon and Sushi. Definitely, you can also choose from a la carte as well, sadly, the price is much higher. One smart choice is Set 2. You can pick 10 pieces of sushi from around 20 choices. The choices change regarding the seasons. The limelight is that uni and toro are also in the list (they're always there)!! I choose it everytime when I am there!!!! Every piece of sushi is fresh, now, I don't go to other local Japanese chain restaurant. One thing I have to point out is that the seaweed around the sushi is a bit soggy. (That's the only thing I don't like)

Set 2:
  • Appetizer (Change weekly)
  • 10 pieces of sushi
  • Miso Soup
  • Steamed egg
  • ice-cream








Service

The service is pretty good. I really don't have much to say, the waitresses are polite!

Price
The price is from $120-$200. It's not that expensive for such a good quality of sushi. My favourite set 2 is about $150.


Restaurant Tips:
I personally believe that the price of the lunch sets are better value than the dinner sets. (ie) For 10 pieces of sushi cost about $150 during lunch. During dinner, they cost about $700 for 10 pieces. Well!! You can say that the quality is better at night. HOWEVER, about $500 more for bit-better quality sushi!! I would say it is not worth it!! If you are willing to pay $700 or more, go to Inagiku at Four Seasons Hotel.

No comments: