Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lung King Heen 龍景軒



Lung King Heen @ Four Seasons Hotel HK
3 star Michelin Restaurant
8 Finance Street
Central, Hong Kong
Tel:(852) 3196 8888



Environment
I arrived at 7:45pm, half of the restaurant was still empty, so I took this chance to take a photo.



Food

Appetizer - shrimp on lotus root with sweet and sour sauce
Nothing special to mention about it, the shrimp isn't especially fresh, just merely meet the standard.


Main - Chief recommended Barbecued Pork with Honey ; HK$~100s
It's just a normal dish of barbecued pork with a slice of bread inside. Compare to the barbecued pork at House of Jasmine, this is nothing. The skin is pretty crispy though.


Main - Chief recommended Superior Pottage with Shredded Chicken ; HK$260
This soup is very good. One of the dishes that I think it's worth to mention about. The soup is pretty think and the flavor is strong. The shredded chicken and other ingredients are fresh.


Main - Chief recommended deep fried scallop with fresh pear ; HK$~200s
This dish tastes special. It's hot outside and a bit cold inside. The scallops are fresh and the smell of pear really brings out the taste of the scallops. Recommend you to order this if you visit this place.


Main - Chief recommended crispy pigeon ; HK$100
The flavor of this pigeon isn't very strong so you can taste the freshness of it. I would say this is above the arrange of most of the local Chinese restaurants.


Main - Chief recommended crispy Chicken ; HK$~200s
well, again, not a very special dish. Just a very arrange crispy chicken. I would say the crispy chicken at Shark Fin City is better. Cheaper price with the same quality.


Main - Chief recommended crispy frog leg with spicy salt ; HK$100
This serving size is only half of the original. You can request for half an order just in case you want to order more dishes for varieties.
The flavor is very strong but I could still taste the freshness of it. Pretty good !!


Main - Vegetables in soup ; HK$~200s
ummm.... nothing special, if you don't really crave for a dish of veggie, don't bother ordering it.


Dessert - red bean budding + crispy rice cake ; FREE
As it's free, so I don't have any expectation. The red pudding is surprisingly quite good.


Service

The waitress kept changing bowls and dishes for me. They also poured for me so I didn't even have to pour a cup of tea myself. To be honest, it was pretty disturbing.

:) The waitress was pretty nice that she brought me 2 magazines while I was waiting for my friend to come :). They also helped charge my iPhone. (It's not a common service in HK)

The dinner was around HK$1130 for 2 people.


Conclusion
I wouldn't be back to this restaurant again!!! It's definitely not worth the money. The food is pretty average but the prices are expensive!!!


No comments: