Friday, November 18, 2011

Maude's Liquor and Bar @ Chicago, Illinois

It was my second last night here in Chicago and I had reserved Moto for dinner.  I was accidently 2 hours late due to different time zone confusion, so I stumpled upon and had my dinner at Maude.

84W Randolph
Chicago, IIllinois
(312)243 9712
The area is full of different types of restaurants, bars and galleries, if you have spare time, it's a nice place to chill out. 

So I ordered a few dishes below (without main courses) for our dinner:

Shrimp cocktail, US$18, GOOD
7 medium size shrimps, pretty fresh with 3 sauces - ketchup, grounded pepper and a french sauce mixed with mayonnaise.


Tataie, US$17, RECOMMENDED
The tataie + pieces of crispy toast with butter, the best thing is that they're not hard that don't hurt your mouth. The aroma of butter mix with fresh beef and crisy toast are prefect match.  I am motuwatering now ;)



Lyonaisse, US$12, GOOD
A salad and 2 pieces + of smoked pork belly + an egg. The pork belly is pretty thick (unlike bacon) and it's excellent to eat with salad. It tastes a bit like Japaness black pig.



Escargot, US$9, FAIR
7 pieces, the sauce is mixed with herbs and lemon juice. The bread flavor tastes cool after dipping the sauce.


Chocolate Mousse, US$10, NOT RECOMMENDED
They have very limtied choices of desserts, only 2, and I pick chocolate mousse.  If you are a fan of dark chocolate, this might not be your cup of tea. This mousse is made with heavy milk chocolate and the chocolate flavor isn't very strong. I personally don't recommend ordering it.

Overall, it's a nice restaurant with good services and food. If you have time, you can explore other restaurants nearby!!

No comments: