Thursday, September 8, 2011

First meal in San Francisco

Arrived San Francisco at around 11am and took Bart to our hostel which located in downtown in Lower Nob Hill. It only took 30 mins plus maybe another 10 min walking - pretty convenient. 
 
Had lunch at Ferry Building at the pier just next to the financial district. 

We tried 2 restaurants: Boccalone and Hog Island.  Both of them are good.

Boccalone is a small restaurant selling ham and sandwiches. I only ordered muffuletta $9.5+tax. The sandwich is pretty good as the bread is crispy with a lot of ham and a little bit of spicy flavour.  I know nothing about Italian ham and sliced meats but have a look at the photos yourself.

At Hog Island, mainly sells seafood, together we had oyster bar mix, 24 pieces, $60+tax and chowder soup $14+tax. They are not cheap but they are worth your dollars. 
There are 8 different types of oysters and they all taste very different. I can't remember where they are from but they are all very delicious. 

About the chowder, this is my first time seeing this in such a fancy presentation .  The chief stacks up a lot of clams in the soup and the creamy soup is just a perfect match eating with them. 

Overall, they are all awesome!!! I rate them 4/5 in every aspect. 

Hope that I have time to eat here again during my 4 days trip here!!









No comments: