Friday, September 16, 2011

Ramen in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles

Came to Daikokuya Original Noodle & Rice Bowl because the long queue here attracted my attention.

I was there at 9, but there was still a long queue!! So, I waited for 15-20mins. This restaurant closes at 12am, try to go there later at 11 and see if there is a queue;)

I am happy with the ramen there as it tastes similar to some random ramen places in Tokyo.

Environment - "eat-and-go" restaurant, where is not good for friends gathering.
Service - not bad
Price - around $15/person

Food

1) Tsukemen, $8.95 - cold noodles + hot soup + pan fried chashu

I like this one more as the noodles are chewy and the chashu smells and taste better after slightly pan fried it.

2) Daikoku Romen, $8.50 - noodles in hot soup with chashu

This one tastes good as well, just that the noodles are less chewy than the one above. Other than that, the two are pretty much the same.

Don't forget to bring cash, they don't accept credit card.

I will visit this restaurant again if I come to LA next time. ;)






No comments: