Thursday, September 8, 2011

Manresa @ Los Gatos, San Jose

The 1st night here in San Francisco, I decided to go to a 2-Star Michelin Restaurant, Manresa, in Los Gatos, San Jose.   It takes more than 45-60 mins drive from the downtown San Francisco.
This restaurant suprises me, and it's the only Michelin Star Restaurant that I would actually recommend friends to go recently after trying out 5-6 in the past few weeks.
Make your booking at opentable.com; www.manresarestaurant.com
Environment - generic fine dining place where you see candles everywhere in the restaurant and people dress up for it
Service - good service, to be honest, regular services in a Michelin Restaurant but relatively good comparing to normal restaurants
Price - 5-course for US$115, so not too expensive for a restaurant like this
Food - I ordered this 5-courses one and paired with a glass of white wine US$14 ( I went with friends so basicaly all the photos are 2x5-courses, everything you can get there)
I am not going to say much here as the whole experience is very good, so I only mention the highlights and you guys can look at the photos yourself. 
- Into the vegetable garden, it's a salad without any meat.  the presentation is very creative and all the vegetables are excessively fresh!!! A friend of mine even said that he would be a vegetarian if he gets to eat this all the time.
- Hailbut and lobster muchrooms, lemon confit with lobster pudding, leeks, is another highlight.  The texture of all the ingridents are pretty interesting.  The lobster muchroom is crunchy that I don't feel like eating a mushroom.
- Desserts!! Stone frust, roasted and raw, mascarpone cream with caramelized corn, thyme ice cream is soooooo goood that I haven't eaten in any other restaurants.
**As I am traveling, I can only use the blogger app on my electronic device which I can't put the photos in the order I want and put caption under it.  Just leave me a message if you want to know more details. 
Last, we got some macarones when before we got the bill.  After eating so much great food, the macarones aren't very good - too sweet.
All the ladies got a bag of banana and pistachio cookies to bring it home.
GREAT DINNER, hope that I will have a chance to be there again!!!!!!!!
HIGHLIGHT of this round the world trip so far ~~

















No comments: