Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Urasawa on Rodeo Drive at Beverly Hills, Los Angeles

I haven't even eaten at this restaurant and they've already annoyed me. Walked in out of curiosity to inquire and heard a few good things, and the waitress rudely said, "No. Reservations only." She immediately proceeds to close the sliding door on us.
Understand that may be the case, but customer service 101 (which Japanese ia very well known for) would suggest an apology, and a question if we wanted to book for an available night.
This lead me to read a few of the reviews on yelp, which uncovered a few interesting things. There seems to be quite a few queries as to the underlying quality and skill of preparation of the food. Just presentation only!? Superficial?
I have clients too at a professional level and we treat them with respect and courtesy. Perhaps they should think about that.
Not sure I will ever find out though.

No comments: