Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heidelburg, Germany - Lotte Hostel for family and backpackers, a nice place to stay

I picked this Lotte Backpackers on Hostelworld since they have really high score and positive comments.

I arrived at 9pm (the reception closes at 10pm) and the owner was friendly to introduce a famous traditional German restaurant to us.

Things I like:
- bus 33 located outside the main train station can bring us easily to the hostel, €1.1 for one way
- hostel as it's pretty new, clean and cosy, the private room is very big as well.  (recommend for families)
- location is very convenient (in old town) close to the main street where bars and restaurants located
- most of the tourist areas are within walking distance (eg) Old Bridge, Heidelberg Castle, Heidelberg University, Hauptstrabe
- close to Christmas market
- nice scene as I can see Heidelberg Castle through the windows at the hostle, very romatic at night
- pretty cheap, €59/night
- check out at 11am so no rush in the morning

Things I don't like"
- even though it's a private room, but we still have to share washroom, yet the washroom is clean

I would definitely come back to this hostel again !!!

No comments: